L'Equipe snubs Madrid in team of Champions League group stages
The French newspaper didn't name a single player from Real Madrid or city rivals Atletico in their ideal XI of the Champions League group stages. Messi and Iniesta did make the side however.
French newspaper L’Equipe has published its team of the Champions League group stages, in which not one player from Real Madrid is named.
Real Madrid finished second in Group B behind Borussia Dortmund after conceding a late equaliser to the German side at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night (something which could conversely work out in Madrid’s favour).
The L’Equipe evelen, which is based on players’ average match ratings, includes Barcleona’s Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.
L’Equipe’s team of the group stages
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Sidibé (Mónaco), Glik (Mónaco), Bonucci (Juventus), Alaba (Bayern Munich), Gundogan (City), Iniesta (Barcelona), Messi (Barcelona), De Bruyne (Manchester City), Silva (Mónaco), Kun Agüero (Manchester City).
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- coronavirus Over 27,000 health workers infected with Covid-19 in South Africa
- Champions League Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Preview
- USMNT Adams becomes first US men's player to score in Champions League quarter final or later
- Champions League Bayern Munich are playing Barcelona, not just Messi - Flick