L'Equipe snubs Madrid in team of Champions League group stages
The French newspaper didn't name a single player from Real Madrid or city rivals Atletico in their ideal XI of the Champions League group stages. Messi and Iniesta did make the side however.
French newspaper L’Equipe has published its team of the Champions League group stages, in which not one player from Real Madrid is named.
Real Madrid finished second in Group B behind Borussia Dortmund after conceding a late equaliser to the German side at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night (something which could conversely work out in Madrid’s favour).
The L’Equipe evelen, which is based on players’ average match ratings, includes Barcleona’s Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.
L’Equipe’s team of the group stages
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Sidibé (Mónaco), Glik (Mónaco), Bonucci (Juventus), Alaba (Bayern Munich), Gundogan (City), Iniesta (Barcelona), Messi (Barcelona), De Bruyne (Manchester City), Silva (Mónaco), Kun Agüero (Manchester City).
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"