L'Equipe snubs Madrid in team of Champions League group stages
The French newspaper didn't name a single player from Real Madrid or city rivals Atletico in their ideal XI of the Champions League group stages. Messi and Iniesta did make the side however.
French newspaper L’Equipe has published its team of the Champions League group stages, in which not one player from Real Madrid is named.
Real Madrid finished second in Group B behind Borussia Dortmund after conceding a late equaliser to the German side at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night (something which could conversely work out in Madrid’s favour).
The L’Equipe evelen, which is based on players’ average match ratings, includes Barcleona’s Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.
L’Equipe’s team of the group stages
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Sidibé (Mónaco), Glik (Mónaco), Bonucci (Juventus), Alaba (Bayern Munich), Gundogan (City), Iniesta (Barcelona), Messi (Barcelona), De Bruyne (Manchester City), Silva (Mónaco), Kun Agüero (Manchester City).
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor