Atlético Madrid stadium name and new badge: fans say no
According to an AS.com poll, Friday's twin announcement has not gone down well at all with the Atlético supportersEuropa League Final 2018: Marseille vs Atlético Madrid live
Atlético Madrid's supporters have taken advantage of an AS.com poll to voice their displeasure at the dual announcement made by the club on Friday lunchtime.
In an event at the Vicente Calderón, Atlético revealed that their new stadium is to be called the Wanda Metropolitano, before also unveiling a redesigned crest.
Fans reject stadium name and remodelled badge
Asked by AS to reply 'yes' or 'no' to the question "Do you like the name Wanda Metropolitano?", 79% of the fans who took part responded in the negative.
Meanwhile, 64% of those who voted were against Los Rojiblancos' change of badge.
Atleti faithful to make itself heard
Atlético's support has been swift to mobilise, with a protest now scheduled outside the Calderón at 10:00 CET on Sunday morning.
On top of that, the petitions 'No al nuevo escudo' ('No to the new crest') and 'Contra el nuevo escudo del Atlético de Madrid' ('Against the new Atlético Madrid crest') have been launched on the website change.org.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what are the 'critical components' that the Trump administration talks about?
- Premier League Premier League: Teams find their shooting boots as the finale approaches
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Barcelona Neymar back to Barcelona 'unlikely'
- CORONAVIRUS Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus India's Covaxin to be tested on 375 volunteers