Football Leaks: Oblak's agent will net 12.5% of any future transfer
Football Leaks have shone a light on the contract of Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid and of the €16 million paid for his services in 2014, Benfica receieved only €9.46 million<
Football Leaks' investigation into the contractual and financial world of football has revealed many things. The latest is the contract of Jan Oblak, Atletico Madrid's goalkeeper, who signed with the club in 2014 from Benfica. The three most revealing things in the latest leak are:
1. Oblak's representative, the Slovenian Miha Mlakar, will receive12.5% of any transfer of his client from Atletico to another club.
2. Of the €16 million that Atletico Madrid paid for the shotstopper's services, Benfica only receieved €9.46 million. The rest of the money went to other companies, intermediaries and third parties.
3. One of these intermediaries was Jorge Mendes' company, who receieved 20% of the fee, having signed a contract a year previous with Benfica.
Oblak has been excellent since joining from the Portuguese club and while he did not make the number one jersey his own in his first year, he has since claimed it without any questions. Arsenal were linked with a possible move and with Diego Simeone setting up to leave in 2018, there could be a mass exodus from the club. If Oblak leaves, it will have to be a hefty sum as Atletico will be left short on the overall fee given the clause in his contract that will pay his agent.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers