OSASUNA 0-3 BARCELONA
Messi overtakes Cristiano to top LaLiga's goal scoring charts
The Argentine ace found the target twice against Osasuna to put him on 11 goals. Cristiano won't play tonight against Deportivo and remains on 10, level with Luis Suárez. Sporting vs Barcelona
Leo Messi was back among the goals in LaLiga this afternoon, bagging a brace against Osasuna to put himself back at the top of the goal scoring charts with 11 strikes. The Argentinean has played 12 games, averaging 0.91 goals per game and overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo and Barça team mate Luis Suárez who are both on 10 goals.
Suárez opened the scoring at El Sadar to day to draw level with Cristiano who has been left out of the squad by Zidane for this evening's meeting with Deportivo. Bearing ion mind that Real Madrid will not be involved in LaLiga next weekend as they will be in Japan contesting the Club World Cup (their meeting with Valencia at Mestalla has been rescheduled), Cristiano will not be able to battle to end 2016 as the league's top goal scorer. Messi and Luis Suárez meanwhile will be able to improve their own figures when Barça take on Espanyol in the Catalan derby at Camp Nou a week tomorrow.
Messi is also the leading goal scorer in the Champions League with 10 goals in 5 games. His overall tally in all competition stands at 22 goals in 19 games - including the one he scored against Sevilla in the Spanish Supercup. Luis Suárez has 13 goals in 20 games and Cristiano, 12 in 17.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"