Correa could get the nod ahead of Carrasco
For Atlético's trip to Villarreal, Simeone is set to start with: Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godín, Lucas; Correa, Tiago, Gabi, Koke; Gameiro and Griezmann
Diego Simeone is set to ring the changes for Atlético's visit to El Madrigal to face Villarreal on Sunday evening (20:45, CET). During the rojoblanco training sessions, El Cholo has used different formations, one of which includes Correa in the starting eleven.
The Argentine impressed in the minutes he played at the Allianz, and was singled out by Simeone, while Savic could also keep his place at the heart of defence.
Barring some last-minute tweaking, the Atlético XI is likely to be made up of: Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godín, Lucas; Correa, Tiago, Gabi, Koke; Gameiro and Griezmann. Lucas is likely to occupy the position of the injured Filipe Luis after his competent display to nullify the threat of Arjen Robben in midweek. Los Rojiblancos will be keen to get back to winning ways on Sunday to ensure they don't lose their grip on the European places.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid