Costa sends Chelsea back on top with ninth straight win
The Spain striker scored his 12th goal of the season in a hard-fought 1-0 win over West Brom at Stamford Bridge.
Nine wins on the bounce
Diego Costa was on target again as Chelsea overcame a defensive West Bromwich Albion 1-0 to return to the top of the Premier League with their ninth victory in a row on Sunday.
Back on top
The Spaniard's sweet second-half strike sent the Blues three points clear of Arsenal, who had taken the overall lead on goals scored on Saturday after seeing off Stoke City 3-1 at the Emirates.
The sharpest shooter in the Premier League
After a lacklustre first half at Stamford Bridge and with the game heading for a goalless stalemate, Costa seized on a defensive error to break the deadlock with a superb shot into the top left corner in the 76th minute. It was the League top scorer's 12th goal of the campaign. Chelsea have 37 points to Arsenal's 34 after 15 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension