Barcelona monitor Benfica keeper Ederson Moraes
According to O Jogo, Barça's sporting director, Robert Fernández, was watching the shotstopper during Benfica's Champions League game against Napoli.
Barcelona are currently monitoring Benfica goalkeeper Ederson Moraes as a potential azulgrana keeper of the future. Despite already having two young shotstoppers in Marc-André ter Stegen (24) and Jasper Cillessen (27), Barcelona's sporting director, Robert Fernández, continues to keep an eye on the progress of Benfica's 23-year-old keeper.
According to O Jogo, Fernández has been spotted on different occasions scouting Moraes, and was in attendance during Benfica's final group-stage Champions League tie against Napoli. On that occasion, he conceded twice, with Callejón and Mertens getting the better of him.
Moraes, a Brazilian national with an EU passport, has become a regular starter in the Benfica first team, playing 13 games. His impressive run of form has also sparked interest from other clubs like Manchester City and Inter Milan, earning him a price tag of seven million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP