Real Madrid striker Karim Benema was stopped by Spain's Civil Guard on Thursday night for illegally joining a motorway lane and ignoring the road markings (crossing a solid white line), according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo. Benzema accepted the €90 fine which did not include any penalty points.
This latest incident constitutes the fifth time Benzema has been stopped and fined in Spain.
2009: Pulled over for dangerous driving in Ibiza, incurring a €250 fine.
2013: Fined for driving 194kph in a lane on Madrid's M40 ring road with a speed limit of 100kph. The Frenchman was handed an €18,000 fine and an 8-month driving ban.
2015: Fined for driving a Rolls Royce without a licence near Madrid's airport.
2015: Fined for making an illegal manoeuvre near Madrid's Atocha station without a licence.
Benzema has also had two other car accidents, in Pozuelo (Madrid) and Réunion (France), but escaped unhurt in both.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match