Marquinhos has closed the door on a move to Barcelona and stated that he hopes to renew his contract with PSG.
The 22-year-old Brazil international has taken the opportunity handed to him by the departure of David Luiz and has become an undisputed starter under Unai Emery, playing 1,465 minutes in 17 Ligue 1 games so far this season. And despite perennial interest from Camp Nou, the defender said he is only thinking about staying in Paris.
New contract at PSG
“I’d like to stay here,” Marquinhos, who is also on Bayern Munich’s radar, said. “This is my fourth season at PSG, I’ve adapted to life here and I speak French now. My family are also very happy in Paris. Things are going well for me here and I’d like to stay. Hopefully I’ll sign a new contract but it doesn’t only depend on me, I have to keep performing well.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?