Marquinhos has closed the door on a move to Barcelona and stated that he hopes to renew his contract with PSG.
The 22-year-old Brazil international has taken the opportunity handed to him by the departure of David Luiz and has become an undisputed starter under Unai Emery, playing 1,465 minutes in 17 Ligue 1 games so far this season. And despite perennial interest from Camp Nou, the defender said he is only thinking about staying in Paris.
New contract at PSG
“I’d like to stay here,” Marquinhos, who is also on Bayern Munich’s radar, said. “This is my fourth season at PSG, I’ve adapted to life here and I speak French now. My family are also very happy in Paris. Things are going well for me here and I’d like to stay. Hopefully I’ll sign a new contract but it doesn’t only depend on me, I have to keep performing well.”
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Celta Vigo: how and where to watch LaLiga Santander
- BARCELONA Barça set to opt for black and gold for 2020/21 away kit
- SERIE A Lukaku-Lautaro partnership only rivalled by Neymar, Mbappé and Icardi, claims Vieri
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Thiago Silva relishing Haaland Champions League challenge
- REAL MADRID Zidane, 11 months on
- Laureus World Sports Awards Messi and Liverpool among the nominees at the XX Laureus World Sports Awards