César Azpilicueta commits to Chelsea until June 2020
The Spanish centre-back, a first choice under manager Antonio Conte, has signed a new contract extension with the Blues Arsenal-Chelsea live
Spanish defender César Azpilicueta has reached an agreement with Chelsea to extend his current contract with the club through to June 2020. The 27-year-old has been a fundamental part of Chelsea's defence this season and adds another three and a half years onto his existing arrangement. Azpilicueta is now in his fifth season at Stamford Bridge and since the arrival of Antonio Conte he has been a regular choice in central defence although previous managers have used him in both of the full-back positions.
Azpilicueta has made close to 200 appearances for Chelsea, wuith whom he has won the Europa League, Premier League and EFL CUP. He is the only member of the Chelsea squad to have played every minute of action this term; he has also been called up by Julen Lopetegui for international duty with Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Will there be another stimulus check in June?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Mark Zuckerberg explains why Facebook didn’t do anything about Trump’s post
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check: What is the IRS saying about those who haven’t received their payment
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd death: what are the charges for third-degree murder and manslaughter?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today