César Azpilicueta commits to Chelsea until June 2020
The Spanish centre-back, a first choice under manager Antonio Conte, has signed a new contract extension with the Blues Arsenal-Chelsea live
Spanish defender César Azpilicueta has reached an agreement with Chelsea to extend his current contract with the club through to June 2020. The 27-year-old has been a fundamental part of Chelsea's defence this season and adds another three and a half years onto his existing arrangement. Azpilicueta is now in his fifth season at Stamford Bridge and since the arrival of Antonio Conte he has been a regular choice in central defence although previous managers have used him in both of the full-back positions.
Azpilicueta has made close to 200 appearances for Chelsea, wuith whom he has won the Europa League, Premier League and EFL CUP. He is the only member of the Chelsea squad to have played every minute of action this term; he has also been called up by Julen Lopetegui for international duty with Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"