César Azpilicueta commits to Chelsea until June 2020
The Spanish centre-back, a first choice under manager Antonio Conte, has signed a new contract extension with the Blues Arsenal-Chelsea live
Spanish defender César Azpilicueta has reached an agreement with Chelsea to extend his current contract with the club through to June 2020. The 27-year-old has been a fundamental part of Chelsea's defence this season and adds another three and a half years onto his existing arrangement. Azpilicueta is now in his fifth season at Stamford Bridge and since the arrival of Antonio Conte he has been a regular choice in central defence although previous managers have used him in both of the full-back positions.
Azpilicueta has made close to 200 appearances for Chelsea, wuith whom he has won the Europa League, Premier League and EFL CUP. He is the only member of the Chelsea squad to have played every minute of action this term; he has also been called up by Julen Lopetegui for international duty with Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side