Real Madrid round-up: Club World Cup, Ramos, James...
Sergio Ramos is expected to be fit to play against Club América on Thursday while rumours of a Parisian soirée for James refuse to go away.
The Real captain was absent again as his teammates trained in Yokohama, but is expected to be fit to play against Club América on Thursday.
It is 32 years to the day since Real Madrid’s famous comeback against Anderlecht in the 1984-85 Uefa Cup. Down 3-0 from the first leg against the Belgian side, who had thumped Fiorentina 7-3 in the second round and counted the great Enzo Scifo in their ranks, Real battled back with a 6-1 victory at the Bernabéu with Emilio Butragueño bagging a hat-trick. Jorge Valdano hit two more and Manolo Sanchís added the sixth to send Real through. Real went on to beat Tottenham and Inter to reach the final, where they overcame Hungarian side Videoton 3-1 to lift their first Uefa Cup, which they successfully defended the following season.
James to PSG?
Despite his mother stating that James would be going nowhere, PSG have not given up on their desire to sign the Colombia international and are willing to meet any demands laid out by Real Madrid, according to French outlet Le 10 Sport.
Valencia match rescheduled
With Real at the Club World Cup, the Liga match against Valencia scheduled for this weekend at Mestalla has been slated for Wednesday February 22, pending official confirmation from La Liga.
The Liga match against Málaga has been scheduled for Saturday January 21, at 16:15 in the Santiago Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move