Ramos ruled out of Club World Cup semifinal, Pepe a doubt
Real Madrid will not take any risks with "overloaded" captain Sergio Ramos in their Club World Cup semifinal against Club America on Thursday, while Pepe could also miss out. Venezuela-England live online: Final World Cup U20
Sergio Ramos has been ruled out of Real Madrid’s FIFA Club World Cup semifinal against Mexico’s Club America on Thursday with a minor problem, but could still play in Sunday’s final if the Spanish side gets there.
Zidane: "We will not risk anything"
De vuelta sobre el 🌱🌱.— Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) 14 de diciembre de 2016
No importa quién juegue, importa la victoria. ¡A por la final!
Back on the 🌱🌱.
We want to be in the final!
“He’s not going to play,” confirmed coach Zinedine Zidane on Wednesday after Ramos missed Madrid’s training sessions on Monday and Tuesday in Japan. “He’s weakened a little; it’s not anything [serious], but just some discomfort. He was a little overloaded and, as always, we will not risk anything. We'll see if he’s fit for Sunday.”
Ramos: “It doesn’t matter who plays, the victory matters"
Ramos reacted to the news that he’ll miss the Club America game by posting on social media: “Back on the grass!” referring to the fact that he was able to run out on the turf of the Yokohama International Stadium (the venue for both Madrid’s fixtures in the Club World Cup) on Wednesday, despite having to train separately from the squad. “It doesn’t matter who plays, the victory matters. On to the final!”
Pepe a doubt
Aside from Ramos' confirmed absence, there is also now a doubt over fellow centreback Pepe after the Portuguese missed Wednesday’s session.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?