Ramos ruled out of Club World Cup semifinal, Pepe a doubt
Real Madrid will not take any risks with "overloaded" captain Sergio Ramos in their Club World Cup semifinal against Club America on Thursday, while Pepe could also miss out. Venezuela-England live online: Final World Cup U20
Sergio Ramos has been ruled out of Real Madrid’s FIFA Club World Cup semifinal against Mexico’s Club America on Thursday with a minor problem, but could still play in Sunday’s final if the Spanish side gets there.
Zidane: "We will not risk anything"
De vuelta sobre el 🌱🌱.— Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) 14 de diciembre de 2016
No importa quién juegue, importa la victoria. ¡A por la final!
Back on the 🌱🌱.
We want to be in the final!
“He’s not going to play,” confirmed coach Zinedine Zidane on Wednesday after Ramos missed Madrid’s training sessions on Monday and Tuesday in Japan. “He’s weakened a little; it’s not anything [serious], but just some discomfort. He was a little overloaded and, as always, we will not risk anything. We'll see if he’s fit for Sunday.”
Ramos: “It doesn’t matter who plays, the victory matters"
Ramos reacted to the news that he’ll miss the Club America game by posting on social media: “Back on the grass!” referring to the fact that he was able to run out on the turf of the Yokohama International Stadium (the venue for both Madrid’s fixtures in the Club World Cup) on Wednesday, despite having to train separately from the squad. “It doesn’t matter who plays, the victory matters. On to the final!”
Pepe a doubt
Aside from Ramos' confirmed absence, there is also now a doubt over fellow centreback Pepe after the Portuguese missed Wednesday’s session.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list