Mother of Pogba brothers wants neither to lose in Europa League
Manchester United and Saint-Etienne will play each other in the first knock out stage of the Uefa competition pitting Paul and Florentina against each other
Follow the match Europa League: Lyon-Ajax
Follow the coverage of Europa League round of 16 Draw
The Pogba family ties
The mother of Manchester United star Paul Pogba and Saint-Etienne defender Florentin Pogba told AFP she wants the teams to draw both games when they meet in the Europa League.
Premier League giants United were paired with French side Saint-Etienne in the last 32 of Europe's second-tier competition on Monday, pitting the Pogba brothers against each other for the first time in a competitive game.
"I want two draws between my children, I don't want anyone to lose, even if I know that unfortunately one will be eliminated," said Yeo Moriba, who plans to attend both legs of February's knockout tie.
No hostile feelings on the pitch
Jose Mourinho's United will be heavy favourites to advance but Moriba added her sons "are very happy to cross paths on the pitch".
Paul Pogba, 23, became the world's most expensive player when he rejoined United from Juventus for a record 89 million pounds (105 million euros, $116 million) in August.
Elder brother Florentin is three years older and represents Guinea, the country of his birth, along with twin brother and Sparta Rotterdam forward Mathias at international level.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA commits to 12 host cities for delayed Euro 2020
- COPA DEL REY Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona: result, summary and goals
- INTER MILAN Conte glad as Lukaku shows anger after Ibrahimovic outburst
- Football AFC draw sets up impressive clashes
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Third stimulus check: what will the minimum age be to claim payment?
- UNITED STATES Third stimulus check: when is it expected to be approved?