Turning to the off-the-field expert
RB Leipzig's top-scorer Timo Werner, 20, has been working with the club's psychologist after the striker was booed during last weekend's shock Bundesliga defeat for diving in a previous game.
Leipzig lost their status as German league leaders to Bayern Munich on Saturday after a shock 1-0 defeat at Ingolstadt, who had started the game bottom of the league. Werner endured an uncomfortable afternoon during the match in Bavaria and was whistled and jeered by Ingolstadt fans whenever he had the ball. He was eventually substituted on 70 minutes.
Rare honesty from a coach
It was the youngster's first appearance since Leipzig's sports director Ralph Rangnick admitted the Germany Under-21 international had dived to win an early penalty in their 2-1 win over Schalke on December 3.
Leipzig are enjoying a stellar first season in Germany's top flight and are currently second only to Bayern on goal difference having spent the previous three weeks top of the table. They host third-placed Hertha Berlin in Saturday's key clash before their daunting away match to Bayern at the Allianz Arena next Wednesday in their final league match of 2016.
An important cog in the Red Bull winning machine
Werner's eight league goals have been a key factor in Leipzig enjoying a record 13-match unbeaten run at the start of their first Bundesliga season before defeat at Ingolstadt. Coach Ralph Hasenhuettl needs his star forward fit to face Hertha, then Bayern in the space of five days and Werner has been helped by the club's psychologist Sascha Lense.
'We're also working with Timo psychologically,' Hasenhuettl told reporters. 'The situation in Ingolstadt was certainly something new for him, but it was an experience he had to go through.'
Werner said he has just one wish from Saturday's next match.
'Three points against Hertha,' he said. 'Then we'll see what awaits us.'
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?