"For Albiol and Callejón it'll be special to return to the Bernabéu"
According to Manuel García Quilón, the agent of Napoli's two ex-Real Madrid players, Raúl Albiol and José Maria Callejón, his clients will have something to prove when they return in the Champions League in February.
Real Madrid’s Champions League Round of 16 tie with Napoli will have a special flavor for Manuel García Quilón, agent of the Italian side’s ex-Madrid players Raúl Albiol and José Maria Callejón.
"It won’t be an easy knock-out for Los Merengues"
“It’s a historic date for both clubs,” Quilón told Tuttonapoli.net following Monday’s draw. “Real are the most important [team] in the world and Napoli are growing more every year. It won’t be an easy knock-out for Los Merengues, not at all. Football constantly surprises us.”
And indeed for Albiol and Callejón, who both swapped the Bernabéu for Naples in 2013, it’ll be an extra special affair.
"They are practically Neapolitan!"
“They grew up and had a lot of support there,” said Quilón, who also represents Rafa Benitez – former coach of both clubs – and Napoli’s Spanish keeper, Pepe Reina. “It’ll be an extra motivation to show everything they’re worth.
“Raúl and Jose renewed their commitment to Napoli a short while ago and they feel identified with the shirt, and obviously Pepe too. They are practically Neapolitan!!
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem