The Chinese Super League is continuing to flex its financial might and is close to adding another star player to its ranks with Chelsea's Brazil international midfielder Oscar closing in on a move to big-spending Shanghai SIPG.
"90 percent certain"
"It's 90 percent certain," he told Sportv in his homeland. "It just depends on a few bureaucratic details."
The deal would cost the Chinese side somewhere near 60 million euros according to media reports and reunite him with his former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.
Fellow Brazilians Hulk and Elkeson play for Shanghai.
A spokesman for the Chinese club would not comment on the reports.
Oscar joined Chelsea in 2012 and has won the Premier League, Europa League and League Cup with the London side.
Out of favour under Antonio Conte
But after starting the first five league games of the season under new coach Antonio Conte, he has fallen out of favour and been used only four times as a substitute since September.
The progress of Gabriel Jesus and Philippe Coutinho has also limited his international chances and he has yet to appear for the national side under new Brazil coach Tite.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed