Atlético Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak has undergone surgery on the injury he picked up in Monday's LaLiga defeat to Villarreal, the club have said.
Keeper set for three to four months out
The Slovenian international suffered a dislocated left shoulder in the 3-0 reverse at El Madrigal, and faces between three and four months on the sidelines.
Oblak's injury occurred as he attempted to stop Villarreal's Jonathan Dos Santos from netting the hosts' second goal as Atlético slipped to sixth in the table.
The operation on the 23-year-old, which Los Rojiblancos confirmed went "successfully", was carried out at the King Edward VII Hospital in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?