Atlético Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak has undergone surgery on the injury he picked up in Monday's LaLiga defeat to Villarreal, the club have said.
Keeper set for three to four months out
The Slovenian international suffered a dislocated left shoulder in the 3-0 reverse at El Madrigal, and faces between three and four months on the sidelines.
Oblak's injury occurred as he attempted to stop Villarreal's Jonathan Dos Santos from netting the hosts' second goal as Atlético slipped to sixth in the table.
The operation on the 23-year-old, which Los Rojiblancos confirmed went "successfully", was carried out at the King Edward VII Hospital in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms