Atlético Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak has undergone surgery on the injury he picked up in Monday's LaLiga defeat to Villarreal, the club have said.
Keeper set for three to four months out
The Slovenian international suffered a dislocated left shoulder in the 3-0 reverse at El Madrigal, and faces between three and four months on the sidelines.
Oblak's injury occurred as he attempted to stop Villarreal's Jonathan Dos Santos from netting the hosts' second goal as Atlético slipped to sixth in the table.
The operation on the 23-year-old, which Los Rojiblancos confirmed went "successfully", was carried out at the King Edward VII Hospital in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side