Carrasco: Not the worst moment, Champions League final loss was
Carrasco speaking to AS: "It's true that we have lost points and are not where we want to be but we finished first in the Champions League, ahead of Bayern Munich."
Yannick Carrasco, speaking at the unveiling of the new Mercurial Dark Lightening Pack de Nike in Madrid, does not think the "crisis" at Atletico Madrid is as bad as many suggest. Atletico Madrid, not currently experiencing their best form under Diego Simeone, are sixth in La Liga and are coming off the back of consecutive losses to Bayern Munich and Villarreal.
He was asked if this was the worst moment of his Atletico career. "No," he replied. "The worst moment was when we lost the Champions League final. It is a very difficult thing for a player when you go so far and then lose on penalties. But that is gone now and this is a different thing"
"Crisis?" Carrasco continued, "it's true that we have lost some points, and we are not where we want to be. In the Champions League though, we finished first in our group, ahead of Bayern Munich so this crisis is not too much of a crisis."
Carrasco says he things talking in the dressing room is one thing about what is happening but the most important thing is that "every is together, working hard in order to win games."
One player who is going through his worst spell in front of goal is Antoine Griezmann but Carrasco says the Frenchman remains one of Atletico's most important and best players.
Carrasco was asked what player on the team impresses him the most. "Griezmann" was his one word answer, and while he wants to replicate Griezmann's importance to the team, the Belgian says, "I want to be an important player. There are many important players on the team like the odlers lads, Griezmann, but I want to give the best I can give for the team."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem