Cristiano Ronaldo's place amongst the pantheon of great footballers is not in doubt. He picked up his fourth Ballon d'Or on Monday night and scored his 500th professional goal against Club America on Thursday morning in the Club World Cup semi-final.
Ronaldo struck in the 90th minute to give Real Madrid a 2-0 against the Mexican side after Karim Benzema to give the Spanish side the lead. There was a question of offside, and the referee initially called for video assistance, but the replay showed he was being kept onside.
Ronaldo's goal breakdown
Ronaldo, who made a name for himself at Manchester United before truly catapulting himself into the realm of immortals, scored 118 for the Premier League side and five for Sporting Club de Portugal. He has now netted 377 goals for Real Madrid too, which is enough to see him lead the all time goalscorers at the club.
He sits head of Raul Gonzalez, who has 323 goals, on that list. Ronaldo has also scored the most goals in a single season for Real Madrid when he netted 61 in 2014-15.
Another Ronaldo milestone
Last September, Ronaldo scored his 500th professional goal including those he scored on international duty, which is up to 66 now with Portugal, but he has outdone himself again with his latest feat.
Next stop.. 600!
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem