Club World Cup: Sergio Ramos hopeful of making final
The defender missed Real Madrid's semi-final win over Club América on Thursday with a muscle issue suffered against Deportivo La Coruña.Pachuca-Wydad Casablanca live: FIFA Club World Cup
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has sounded a note of optimism as he battles to be fit for the FIFA Club World Cup final against Kashima Antlers this weekend.
Not involved in last-four defeat of América
Having missed Real's first two training sessions in Japan due to a muscle problem, Ramos played no part in Thursday's 2-0 semi-final win over Club América.
But the 30-year-old defender, who picked up the issue against Deportivo La Coruña in LaLiga on Saturday, has told Spanish TV that he is "feeling better".
Ramos: "I hope to be able to play"
Asked whether he would be able to feature for Los Blancos in the title decider, the Spain international said to Cuatro: "I hope to be able to play on Sunday."
Following Real's victory against América, Ramos was seen going through his paces on the pitch at the Yokohama International Stadium as he continues his recovery.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem