Club World Cup: Sergio Ramos hopeful of making final
The defender missed Real Madrid's semi-final win over Club América on Thursday with a muscle issue suffered against Deportivo La Coruña.Pachuca-Wydad Casablanca live: FIFA Club World Cup
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has sounded a note of optimism as he battles to be fit for the FIFA Club World Cup final against Kashima Antlers this weekend.
Not involved in last-four defeat of América
Having missed Real's first two training sessions in Japan due to a muscle problem, Ramos played no part in Thursday's 2-0 semi-final win over Club América.
But the 30-year-old defender, who picked up the issue against Deportivo La Coruña in LaLiga on Saturday, has told Spanish TV that he is "feeling better".
Ramos: "I hope to be able to play"
Asked whether he would be able to feature for Los Blancos in the title decider, the Spain international said to Cuatro: "I hope to be able to play on Sunday."
Following Real's victory against América, Ramos was seen going through his paces on the pitch at the Yokohama International Stadium as he continues his recovery.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Biden's 'hundreds of billions' in relief
- US News Who is Gregory Meeks, new chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee?
- US NEWS US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, transition, results, cases, latest news
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer: Manchester United one of England's most consistent teams