Barcelona have announced that striker Luis Suárez has agreed a new contract tying him to the LaLiga champions until 2021, with the option of a further year.
Suárez to sign extended deal on Friday
Suárez will put pen to paper on his Barça renewal at the club's offices on Friday lunchtime, Los Azulgranas confirmed in a statement.
The agreement sees the Uruguayan's buy-out clause raised to 200 million euros, with the 29-year-old also netting an increased pay packet.
Suárez, whose previous contract was due to expire in 2019, has scored a total of 97 goals in 116 appearances for Barcelona since moving to the Camp Nou in 2014.
Suárez: "This is where I want to be"
Reacting to the news, former Ajax and Liverpool ace Suárez said: "I'm really happy, because this is where I want to be."
With Neymar penning a new deal in October, Barça have now secured the futures of two-thirds of their 'MSN' attacking trio of Lionel Messi, Suárez and the Brazilian.
That is expected to boost the Catalan club's efforts to tie down Messi on fresh terms, likely to be worth around 35 million euros a season after tax.
However, Suárez said: "My renewal has nothing to do with those of Neymar or Lionel. He's an adult and he knows what he has to do and has to decide."
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford