Genoa beat Fiorentina in clash suspended in September
Darko Lazovic netted his first goal in Serie A as Ivan Juric's side defeated Fiorentina in Thursday's rearranged league match
Darko Lazovic hit his maiden Serie A goal as Genoa edged Fiorentina 1-0 on Thursday to finally settle a league fixture that began three months ago.
Encounter suspended due to weather in September
Fiorentina's visit to Genoa for the third match of the season was called off after 27 minutes and 30 seconds at a rain and hail-hit Luigi Ferraris Stadium on 11 September.
In accordance with league rules, the match was replayed from when it was stopped, meaning Mattia Perin started the match with a goal-kick.
Faced with the chance to move up to sixth place at 10 points behind leaders Juventus, Fiorentina instead produced an error-strewn performance that was punished in clinical fashion on 37 minutes.
Lazovic converts Ninkovic cross to win it for hosts
A slip from attacking midfielder Federico Bernardeschi allowed Nikola Ninkovic to sweep in a cross from the left for Lazovic, who slid in at the back post to break his duck in Italy's top flight.
Fiorentina remain in seventh place at 13 points off the pace while Genoa move up to 10th at three points further adrift.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid