Back working with the ball
Real Madrid completed their first training session since booking their place in the final of the Club World Cup in Japan. The big news of Friday's session was the sight of Sergio Ramos out on the pitch in Yokohama. The central defender, who has been unable to train with the group since the team arrived in Japan, came out onto the pitch at the Mitsuzawa stadium to perform a series of exercises - including ballwork, which indicates that he has a good chance of making Sunday's final against Kashima Antlers. Pepe, the only other member of the squad who is suffering fitness problems, came out onto the pitch for just five minutes before returning to the changing rooms.
Friday's session was the busiest so far during Madrid's time in Japan. This morning, Zidane gave the players time off to be with their familiies - many of whom have come over to be at the Club World Cup. This afternoon, many relatives attended the team's training session along with 100 children from the Real Madrid Foundation's school in Tokyo and around a dozen members of the official Japanese Real Madrid supporters' club.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Real Madrid player ratings in 2-0 win over Alavés
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: what did Dr Fauci say about the hotspots and reopening?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today