Back working with the ball
Real Madrid completed their first training session since booking their place in the final of the Club World Cup in Japan. The big news of Friday's session was the sight of Sergio Ramos out on the pitch in Yokohama. The central defender, who has been unable to train with the group since the team arrived in Japan, came out onto the pitch at the Mitsuzawa stadium to perform a series of exercises - including ballwork, which indicates that he has a good chance of making Sunday's final against Kashima Antlers. Pepe, the only other member of the squad who is suffering fitness problems, came out onto the pitch for just five minutes before returning to the changing rooms.
Friday's session was the busiest so far during Madrid's time in Japan. This morning, Zidane gave the players time off to be with their familiies - many of whom have come over to be at the Club World Cup. This afternoon, many relatives attended the team's training session along with 100 children from the Real Madrid Foundation's school in Tokyo and around a dozen members of the official Japanese Real Madrid supporters' club.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Butragueño: "Everyone knows what Zidane means to us"
- SCOTLAND Rafa Benítez linked to Celtic job, on his return to Europe
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe: "I'd be 'devastated if the Tokyo Olympics are cancelled"
- UFC Khabib tells Dana White: "I'm so many levels above these guys"
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor hits back at critical Khabib after Poirier loss
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, who will get and when to expect it