CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE
Pellegrini sends Alexis Sánchez China 'invitation'
Manuel Pellegrini has jokingly offered fellow Chilean Alexis Sánchez a lucrative move to join him in China at Hebei China Fortune Chile-Australia live
Drawn-out talks with Arsenal
Manuel Pellegrini has jokingly offered fellow Chilean Alexis Sánchez a lucrative move to join him in China at Hebei China Fortune.
Alexis who, along with Mesut Özil, has been negotiating a new contract with Arsenal, could earn as much as 595,000 euros a week at Hebei China Fortune - Argentinean Ezequiel Lavezzi is on similar wages at the Chinese Super League outfit.
Door is open
“If Alexis wants to come, we have a club for him right now - he can come to join us in China right now”, Pellegrini said, half tongue in cheek, in declarations to La Nación.
The Chilean forward is believed to be unhappy with Arsenal's financial offer and is also keen to be given some assurances about manager Arsène Wenger's future.
“Step by step Alexis has led a career with a lot of intelligence. He is one of the best in the world and he proves it every day; he is a complete winner and I hope he maintains his level as long as possible”, Pellegrini said.
South Americans in demand
Alexis is the third South American player to be linked with a high-income move to China this week. Chelsea midfielder Oscar has been linked with a 60 million euro switch to Shanghai SIPG and Argentine striker Carlos Tevez is reported to be in talks with Shanghai Shenhua.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live