"Sergio Ramos is the best player in the world" - Adil Rami
The Sevilla defender rates the Real Madrid captain ahead of the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as the game's top footballer, telling Eurosport: "It's beautiful to watch him play."
Sevilla defender Adil Rami has told Eurosport that Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos is “the best player in the world.”
Asked who he would chose as the game’s best footballer, the Frenchman – who like Ramos is a centre back – didn’t hesitate in giving his answer, rating the Los Blancos captain ahead of the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann (the three who made up the Ballon d’Or podium last week).
"It’s beautiful to watch him play"
“Sergio Ramos, without doubt,” answered the 30-year old. “For me he’s the best in the world. It’s beautiful to watch him play. He’s rapid and contributes a lot in attack. It’s impressive to string together a number of great seasons like he has done.”
Adil and Ramos and are yet to meet in LaLiga this season with the first league clash between their sides taking place on January 15th 2017.
Real Madrid and Sevilla did meet in UEFA SuperCup in August however, when none other than Sergio Ramos popped up with a trademark late headed goal to save the game for his team.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia