Luis Suárez: Barcelona striker signs his new contract
Suárez was at Barça's club offices on Friday to put pen to paper on his contract extension, which was announced on ThursdayBarcelona vs Valencia: Copa del Rey semi-final 17/18
Barcelona striker Luis Suárez has put pen to paper on a new contract that ties him to the LaLiga champions until 30 June 2021, with the option of a further year.
200-million-euro release clause
The 29-year-old's extended deal, which was announced by Barça on Thursday evening, includes a massive 200-million-euro buy-out clause.
Suárez signed his renewed terms at Barça's club offices on Friday lunchtime, accompanied by president Josep Maria Bartomeu and other members of the board.
97 goals in 116 Barcelona games
Since joining Los Azulgranas in 2014, he has netted 97 goals in 116 appearances, helping the side to win two LaLiga titles, two Copas del Rey, one Champions League, one Spanish Super Cup, one UEFA Super Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup.
Last season, Suárez finished as leading scorer in the Spanish top flight with 40 goals, in the process clinching the second European Golden Shoe of his career.
Suárez: "This is where I want to be"
Reacting to the confirmation of his contract extension on Thursday, the Uruguayan international said: "I'm really happy, because this is where I want to be."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- Premier League Liverpool: Toure identifies Van Dijk's "weak spot"
- MANCHESTER CITY - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Valverde, Isco or Asensio - three into one for City
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- US Open Zverev joins list of stars unsure about playing at U.S. Open
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou