James Rodríguez remains resolute: "I'm happy at Real Madrid"
Despite constant speculation surrounding his future since falling out of favour with Zinedine Zidane, the Colombian midfielder insists that he's happy to stay and fight for his place at Real MadridCopa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
Out-of-favour Real Madrid midfielder James Rodríguez has stressed that he’s “happy” at the club despite having to make do with a bit part role in the side this season.
James, who arrived at Madrid on an €80m transfer from Monaco in 2014, enjoyed a successful first year in the Spanish capital under Carlo Ancelotti, however, since the appointment of Zinedine Zidane last January, the Colombian has struggled to nail down a regular starting spot, falling behind in the midfield pecking order to Modric, Kroos, Casemiro and Isco.
Speculation on future
Regardless of the continued speculation surrounding his future at the club with the January transfer window looming, James remains resolute. He also harbours hopes of playing in this Sunday’s Club World Cup final against Kashima Antlers in Yokohama.
“When you want to play at a club like Real Madrid, you always have to know that it’s a team that wants to win titles, and is used to winning titles,” said James on the fierce competition for places at Los Blancos, a contest that has toughened further still since the summer return of Marco Asensio from a loan spell.
Asked about his future, the 25-year stated simply, “I am happy here. I hope I can play the final and add yet another title. I hope to continue doing good things.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history