Pep Guardiola made clear on Friday his belief Chilean goalkeeper Claudio Bravo is happy at Manchester City, amid reports the goalkeeper could be on his way back to Spain.
The 33-year-old, Chile's most-capped player who skippered them to two successive Copa America titles, left Barcelona to join City for £17m ($22 million, 19 million euros) in August as Guardiola wanted a new first choice to replace England number one Joe Hart.
Bravo has not had the easiest start to life in Manchester -- he was sent off on his return to the Camp Nou in the Champions League in October, and has kept just two clean sheets in his last 14 games.
There have been reports the keeper has told his team-mates he wants to rejoin Barcelona, even though that would mean him being back up to Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
Guardiola, though, is adamant Bravo is happy in England.
Pep not reading reports
'I didn't read that. Sometimes, when you (journalists) come here, Simon (Heggie, City's head of media relations) will make a briefing as to what you are going to ask me,' said Guardiola.
'But he didn't speak about that issue.
'I don't read too much of newspapers, of the Twitters and Instagrams and Facebooks. I spoke with Bravo in the last days, and with his wife as well. And he told me he is so happy.'
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today
- FOOTBALL Mourinho: Bale over psychological scars of past injuries
- IWD2021 What is the International Women’s Day 2021 theme?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Giannis wasn't focused on perfect performance after MVP display inspires Team LeBron
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 LeBron 'in awe' of Antetokounmpo and Curry
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: who gets the payment, how much, who qualifies, IRS tax | Live