Mathieu the only absentee in the Barça squad ahead of derby
Luis Enrique finished his preparations for the Espanyol game with one doubt to resolve: Rakitic or André Gomes.
Barça coach Luis Enrique oversaw Los Culés' final training session ahead of the Catalan derby against Espanyol on Sunday in the Camp Nou (20:45, CET).
Further injury woes for the Frenchman
The Barça coach has a full squad to choose from, with the exception of French Mathieu, who remains sidelined with a calf problem.
With the trio of Andrés Iniesta, Gerard Piqué and Jordi Alba all training normally, the only issue to resolve for the Asturian coach is whether to go with Ivan Rakitic or André Gomes. The Croatia international is the favourite to get the nod, although, to everyone's surprise, the Portuguese midfielder was handed a start in Barcelona's 3-0 win over Osasuna. The local derby is a good opportunity for both players to stake their claim in the azulgrana starting eleven.
Luis Enrique will name his squad on Sunday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby