Chelsea march on as Costa seals victory at Palace
Conte's side recorded their club-record-equalling 11th straight win to stretch their lead at the top of the Premier League to nine points.
Leaders Chelsea stretched their Premier League winning run to a club record-equalling 11 as Diego Costa's header shortly before halftime secured a 1-0 victory at London rivals Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The Spain international climbed high to connect with Cesar Azpilicueta's cross in the 43rd minute, guiding a header beyond the reach of Wayne Hennessey at a foggy Selhurst Park. It was Costa's 13th league goal of the season and took his Chelsea haul to 50 in all competitions.
Chelsea were well worth the win and had chances to extend the lead after the break with Marcos Alonso and N'Golo Kante forcing fine saves from Hennessey before Alonso struck the underside of the crossbar with a free kick.
Pressure on Klopp and Wenger
Antonio Conte's side have 43 points from 17 games, nine more than Liverpool and Arsenal who are not in action on Saturday. Palace have won only once in their last 11 league games and remain three points above the bottom three.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it