'Operation Odegaard' has stalled. Two weeks ago, the young Norweigan attacker attended a game at Rennes Stadium to watch them playing St.Etienne, and the transfer in January was said to be as good as done. French newspaper Ouest-France, however, report that the Rennes manager Christian Gourcouff has changed his mind and is no longer interested in the Real Madrid starlet.
Odegaard loan deal most likely
After playing against Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey second leg, Zidane admitted that the player might be best leaving in January in an effort to find meaningful minutes and the develop further. "It's true that he is playing well and he trains with us and he has developed a lot but maybe it could be an option for him to move in winter," Zidane said.
Rennes wanted to sign the player last summer but they pulled out due to the looming transfer ban over the transfers of underage players that Real Madrid are awaiting to hear the verdict on given Odegaard's age forced them to reconsider. He turns 18 on the 17th of December.
Silvestre out at Rennes
Mikaël Silvestre was most interested party in managing the transfer of the player but according to French media, the former Manchester United player has been removed from his role at the club, setting off a chain reaction that has resulted in Martin Odegaard searching for a new club to play at for the second half of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?