'Operation Odegaard' has stalled. Two weeks ago, the young Norweigan attacker attended a game at Rennes Stadium to watch them playing St.Etienne, and the transfer in January was said to be as good as done. French newspaper Ouest-France, however, report that the Rennes manager Christian Gourcouff has changed his mind and is no longer interested in the Real Madrid starlet.
Odegaard loan deal most likely
After playing against Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey second leg, Zidane admitted that the player might be best leaving in January in an effort to find meaningful minutes and the develop further. "It's true that he is playing well and he trains with us and he has developed a lot but maybe it could be an option for him to move in winter," Zidane said.
Rennes wanted to sign the player last summer but they pulled out due to the looming transfer ban over the transfers of underage players that Real Madrid are awaiting to hear the verdict on given Odegaard's age forced them to reconsider. He turns 18 on the 17th of December.
Silvestre out at Rennes
Mikaël Silvestre was most interested party in managing the transfer of the player but according to French media, the former Manchester United player has been removed from his role at the club, setting off a chain reaction that has resulted in Martin Odegaard searching for a new club to play at for the second half of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: 9 players Zidane has at the exit door
- SERIE A Man Utd-linked Meret open to leaving Napoli on loan
- JUVENTUS Pogba would be "ideal gift" for new Juventus boss Pirlo - Toni
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: can Donald Trump approve it in an executive order?
- CORONAVIRUS USA $400 unemployment benefits: who is eligible?
- CORONAVIRUS USA $400 unemployment benefits: link and how to login to claim them