Zambian Janny Sikazwe to referee Club World Cup Final
Real Madrid versus Kashima Antlers promises to be an intriguing affair and Janny Sikazwe has been named as the man in the middle and one who might have to implement the video referee if necessary.Venezuela-England live online: Final World Cup U20
Janny Sikazwe has been named as the referee for the Real Madrid versus Kashima Antlers clash in the Club World Cup Final. Following the controversy surrounding the video referee in the last game and the criticism it receieved, it will be interesting to see how the Zambian deploys the new technology.
Getting to know Janny Sikawze
The 37-year-old has an eye on Russia 2018 and is hoping to be named as an African representative for the World Cup in two years time. He was in Chile last year to attend an intensive course organized by the highest body of world football prior to the Under 17 World Cup held in the South American country.
Sikazwe referee the Antlers in their opening 2-1 win over Auckland City and it went off without a hitch and with just one yellow handed out. He teaches at Kapiri Mposhi Elementary School in a small town north of Lusaka - the cpital city of Zambia.
The man who introduced the video referee to the world, Viktor Kassai, will be the fourth referee for the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"