Zambian Janny Sikazwe to referee Club World Cup Final
Real Madrid versus Kashima Antlers promises to be an intriguing affair and Janny Sikazwe has been named as the man in the middle and one who might have to implement the video referee if necessary.Venezuela-England live online: Final World Cup U20
Janny Sikazwe has been named as the referee for the Real Madrid versus Kashima Antlers clash in the Club World Cup Final. Following the controversy surrounding the video referee in the last game and the criticism it receieved, it will be interesting to see how the Zambian deploys the new technology.
Getting to know Janny Sikawze
The 37-year-old has an eye on Russia 2018 and is hoping to be named as an African representative for the World Cup in two years time. He was in Chile last year to attend an intensive course organized by the highest body of world football prior to the Under 17 World Cup held in the South American country.
Sikazwe referee the Antlers in their opening 2-1 win over Auckland City and it went off without a hitch and with just one yellow handed out. He teaches at Kapiri Mposhi Elementary School in a small town north of Lusaka - the cpital city of Zambia.
The man who introduced the video referee to the world, Viktor Kassai, will be the fourth referee for the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022