PSG: Kluivert on the verge of replacing Emery with Van Gaal
After the Ligue 1 champions' latest setback at Guingamp, the PSG sporting director is considering a move to replace Unai Emery.
Unai Emery’s tenure at Paris Saint-Germain is under threat after the Ligue 1 champions’ latest loss, away at Guingamp on Saturday.
Emery’s side were beaten 2-1 at the Stade de Roudourou by fourth-placed Guingamp, leaving PSG third and seven points adrift of leaders Nice. It was the fourth Ligue 1 loss of the season for PSG, who only lost twice last season as they romped to the title under Laurent Blanc.
Van Gaal being considered
PSG director of football Patrick Kluivert is reportedly on the lookout for a replacement for the Spaniard, and has recommended his compatriot Louis van Gaal, according to French media outlet Téléfoot. Kluivert has apparently been moved to consider the club’s options after a return of one point from a possible nine in Ligue 1 in recent weeks while Emery’s brand of football has failed to convince the board of his ability to lead the side out of its current slump.
Emery’s hand has also been weakened by the Champions League draw, with PSG facing Barcelona for a place in the quarter-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"