Sergio Ramos critical of James over Real Madrid future remarks
The Real skipper had a message for James Rodríguez after the Colombian suggested on Sunday he may have to leave the Bernabéu.Athletic Club-Real Madrid live online
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has given team-mate James Rodríguez a public ticking-off over the Colombian's remarks after Sunday's Club World Cup final.
James was an unused substitute in Real's 4-2 win over Kashima Antlers and has struggled for regular action since an impressive first season in Madrid in 2014/15.
James: "You have to look at your options"
And speaking after Los Blancos' extra-time victory at the Yokohama International Stadium, the midfielder said: "I'm happy here, but I want to play more.
“I want to stay at Madrid forever. But you have to think about everything and look at your options. I have offers and I've got seven days to think about it."
Ramos: Timing of James remarks not good
In response to James' comments, Ramos declared: "It's not a day for personal issues."
"I hold him in high regard and I hope he stays," added the 30-year-old defender, "but today wasn't a day to focus on other matters."
Ramos delighted with "fantastic" Club World Cup win
On Madrid's Club World Cup triumph, meanwhile, Ramos said: "It's fantastic, all the more so if you're the one who gets to lift the trophy.
"The team deserved it," he concluded. "We've closed out the year in the way we wanted to."
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side