Carlos Tevez's time at Boca Juniors has appeared to have come to an end after the player last week claimed that the pressure of playing in Argentina was too much. Club president Daniel Angelici also confirmed that the club had received an 80 million dollar offer from Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua.
During Sunday's league game at home to Colon all eyes were on "El Apache" with supporters dedicating chant after chant to the 32 year old player. Boca fans at home also managed to do their bit on social media with the hashtag #NoTeVayasTevez (Don't leave Tevez) trending in Argentina.
Despite claims by the player that no definitive decision has been taken, as he left the field, visibly moved by the reception, Tevez took time to wave goodbye to every sector of the ground after Boca dismissed Colon 4-1 with Tevez himself bagging the second for "Los Xenezies" on the half hour mark.
It would seem that the forward is certainly closer to Shanghai than Boca currently with an announcement from the No. 10 expected during the forthcoming week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Zidane cautious as Real Madrid go top: "There' a long way to go"
- NBA LeBron James, inconsolable after finding out about Kobe Bryant
- KOBE BRYANT 1978-2022 Kobe Bryant: Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi hail "a true legend"
- Kobe Bryant dead: Dallas Mavericks to retire number 24 jersey
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears