Carlos Tevez's time at Boca Juniors has appeared to have come to an end after the player last week claimed that the pressure of playing in Argentina was too much. Club president Daniel Angelici also confirmed that the club had received an 80 million dollar offer from Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua.
During Sunday's league game at home to Colon all eyes were on "El Apache" with supporters dedicating chant after chant to the 32 year old player. Boca fans at home also managed to do their bit on social media with the hashtag #NoTeVayasTevez (Don't leave Tevez) trending in Argentina.
Despite claims by the player that no definitive decision has been taken, as he left the field, visibly moved by the reception, Tevez took time to wave goodbye to every sector of the ground after Boca dismissed Colon 4-1 with Tevez himself bagging the second for "Los Xenezies" on the half hour mark.
It would seem that the forward is certainly closer to Shanghai than Boca currently with an announcement from the No. 10 expected during the forthcoming week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill