Carlos Tevez's time at Boca Juniors has appeared to have come to an end after the player last week claimed that the pressure of playing in Argentina was too much. Club president Daniel Angelici also confirmed that the club had received an 80 million dollar offer from Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua.
During Sunday's league game at home to Colon all eyes were on "El Apache" with supporters dedicating chant after chant to the 32 year old player. Boca fans at home also managed to do their bit on social media with the hashtag #NoTeVayasTevez (Don't leave Tevez) trending in Argentina.
Despite claims by the player that no definitive decision has been taken, as he left the field, visibly moved by the reception, Tevez took time to wave goodbye to every sector of the ground after Boca dismissed Colon 4-1 with Tevez himself bagging the second for "Los Xenezies" on the half hour mark.
It would seem that the forward is certainly closer to Shanghai than Boca currently with an announcement from the No. 10 expected during the forthcoming week.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers