Carlos Tevez's time at Boca Juniors has appeared to have come to an end after the player last week claimed that the pressure of playing in Argentina was too much. Club president Daniel Angelici also confirmed that the club had received an 80 million dollar offer from Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua.
During Sunday's league game at home to Colon all eyes were on "El Apache" with supporters dedicating chant after chant to the 32 year old player. Boca fans at home also managed to do their bit on social media with the hashtag #NoTeVayasTevez (Don't leave Tevez) trending in Argentina.
Despite claims by the player that no definitive decision has been taken, as he left the field, visibly moved by the reception, Tevez took time to wave goodbye to every sector of the ground after Boca dismissed Colon 4-1 with Tevez himself bagging the second for "Los Xenezies" on the half hour mark.
It would seem that the forward is certainly closer to Shanghai than Boca currently with an announcement from the No. 10 expected during the forthcoming week.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu