Newly-crowned world champions Madrid arrive home
Zinedine Zidane's Real Madrid squad have arrived back in Spain after clinching the Club World Cup in Japan. The players will be given few days off to rest.
The charter plane carrying the Real Madrid squad back home to Spain from Tokyo touched down just before 7.00 hours CET at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport after a 13-hour flight. Real Madrid bring to a close a trip in which they won the Club World Cup, after beating Kashima Antlers in yesterday's final in Yokohama.
With the trophy safely back on Spanish soil and a place for it reserved in the Bernabéu trophy room, Zidane had granted the players a few well deserved days off to recover and rest with their families.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us