Diego López injury not as serious as first feared
The Espanyol keeper suffered a gash to his right knee at Camp Nou last night. After tests today, he is hopeful of returning for the Deportivo game on 6th January.Tenerife vs Getafe: Playoff Final
Diego López was in good spirits and full of optimism after undergoing tests on his injured right knee at Espanyol's training complex this morning. The Pericos' keeper suffered a gash to his right knee while contesting a ball with Barcelona's Luis Suárez at Camp Nou last night and hobbled off the field with his knee heavily strapped on 53 minutes.
Roberto to play Thursday's Cup tie
The keeper is still unable to bend his leg and can only walk with the help of crutches but is confident of being able to return to first team action for New Year opener against Deportivo on 6th January. Obviously he will not be available for Thursday's Copa del Rey Round of 32 return leg against Alcorcón, which is poised at 1-1.
Te recomendamos en English
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- Coronavirus What are the possible side effects of the covid-19 vaccines?
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US News Black Friday: origin, history and why is called Black Friday?