Player of the Year
Atlético de Madrid and France forward Antoine Griezmann has been named the best French footballer of 2016 by France Football magazine.
The 25-year-old gained the most votes to be elected Joueur Français de l'année 2016 which was won last year by Paris Saint-Germain's Blaise Matuidi.
Two major finals
It's his second accolade of 2016 after picking up the MVP award at last summer's Euro 2016 in which the hosts France ended as runners-up. Griezmann was also part of the Atlético side which ended as runners-up and polled more votes than other prolific French stars such as Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Real Madrid's Karim Benzema.
Others who have won the award include: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Franck Ribéry and Benzema.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Man City chief says alleged FFP breaches are "simply not true"
- Qatar 2022 Eto'o: The 2022 World Cup will be an exceptional experience for fans
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG Haaland: Dortmund star touches world 60m record against PSG
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "Anfield's very old, it wouldn't pass the UEFA inspection"
- Champions League Mourinho looking to end six-year Champions League drought
- Transfer market Messi: LA Galaxy offer Barça star escape route amid crisis