Player of the Year
Atlético de Madrid and France forward Antoine Griezmann has been named the best French footballer of 2016 by France Football magazine.
The 25-year-old gained the most votes to be elected Joueur Français de l'année 2016 which was won last year by Paris Saint-Germain's Blaise Matuidi.
Two major finals
It's his second accolade of 2016 after picking up the MVP award at last summer's Euro 2016 in which the hosts France ended as runners-up. Griezmann was also part of the Atlético side which ended as runners-up and polled more votes than other prolific French stars such as Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Real Madrid's Karim Benzema.
Others who have won the award include: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Franck Ribéry and Benzema.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January