Player of the Year
Atlético de Madrid and France forward Antoine Griezmann has been named the best French footballer of 2016 by France Football magazine.
The 25-year-old gained the most votes to be elected Joueur Français de l'année 2016 which was won last year by Paris Saint-Germain's Blaise Matuidi.
Two major finals
It's his second accolade of 2016 after picking up the MVP award at last summer's Euro 2016 in which the hosts France ended as runners-up. Griezmann was also part of the Atlético side which ended as runners-up and polled more votes than other prolific French stars such as Manchester United's Paul Pogba and Real Madrid's Karim Benzema.
Others who have won the award include: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Franck Ribéry and Benzema.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?