A video has appeared on social media where Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo is filmed in a nightclub looking worse for wear and holding a shisha pipe. The video has already caused huge levels of outrage amongst Valencia fans with the club fourth from bottom in LaLiga and Parejo already singled out by sections of the Mestalla faithful as one of the culprits for the team's dip in form.
An individual appears in the video shouting praise at Parejo "The way you play the ball, how you play it, the best at Valencia. Fuck Prandelli. Parejo, my man, you're not wrong, the best". Parejo then asks the individual "What are you getting up to later?" with the individual claiming: "I'll be fucking without paying tonight, my brother".
At 11:15 this morning Dani Parejo issued an apology via his Twitter account where the player stated:
"I regret the release of these images as they are inappropriate and I ask forgiveness of the football club, the fans, the coach and my team-mates. It's not an excuse but this video was recorded during my free time and I had no training the following day. I'd also like to add that I don't know the individual who appears in the video. I am genuinely sorry for what has happened".
Valencia play Leganes tomorrow at Mestalla in the second leg of the Copa del Rey last 32.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL Champions League final | Sam Kerr speaks ahead of Chelsea vs Barcelona
- LALIGA Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: result, summary, goals | LaLiga
- NBA Jokic a worthy MVP favourite, but don't count out Embiid
- US NEWS $50 stimulus to pay internet bill: how to claim it
- US News What states are ending federal unemployment in June?
- 2021 TAX FILING Where do I mail my federal tax return?