A video has appeared on social media where Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo is filmed in a nightclub looking worse for wear and holding a shisha pipe. The video has already caused huge levels of outrage amongst Valencia fans with the club fourth from bottom in LaLiga and Parejo already singled out by sections of the Mestalla faithful as one of the culprits for the team's dip in form.
An individual appears in the video shouting praise at Parejo "The way you play the ball, how you play it, the best at Valencia. Fuck Prandelli. Parejo, my man, you're not wrong, the best". Parejo then asks the individual "What are you getting up to later?" with the individual claiming: "I'll be fucking without paying tonight, my brother".
At 11:15 this morning Dani Parejo issued an apology via his Twitter account where the player stated:
"I regret the release of these images as they are inappropriate and I ask forgiveness of the football club, the fans, the coach and my team-mates. It's not an excuse but this video was recorded during my free time and I had no training the following day. I'd also like to add that I don't know the individual who appears in the video. I am genuinely sorry for what has happened".
Valencia play Leganes tomorrow at Mestalla in the second leg of the Copa del Rey last 32.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia