Real Madrid transfer ban reduced by CAS on appeal
The club have been informed by the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) that the ban will be reduced to just one transfer window, rather than two as per the original sentence.
Real Madrid's ban on signing players has been reduced to one transfer window after the club's appeal against a FIFA punishment for illegally buying under-age foreigners was partially upheld by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Tuesday.
A CAS statement said world governing body FIFA's decision handed down in April had been set aside and replaced by its own verdict.
"Real Madrid CF is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for one entire transfer period (previously two)," CAS said.
Real's initial 328,000 euro fine has been reduced to 224,000 euros.
Statement from the Court of Arbitration for Sport:
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clasico Real Madrid - Barcelona: El Clasico latest news, updates
- El Clasico: How last five Barca bosses fared in their first Madrid clash
- El Clasico Setién out to continue record against Zidane's Real Madrid
- Transfer market Madrid and Barcelona on alert as Napoli name Koulibaly price
- The GOATs 'Cristiano Ronaldo better than Messi believers know nothing'
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko