Brazil votes Cristiano Ronaldo as player of 2016 ahead of Neymar
In a poll undertaken by Brazilian webite UOL, 118 footballers competing in the Brasileiro were asked to choose their player of 2016, with the vast majority opting for Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of homegrown star, Neymar.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been chosen as the footballer of the year by players in Brazil.
No to homeboy Neymar
Brazilian website UOL asked 118 footballers who play in the Brasileirão who they would choose as best player of 2016, and 56.77% of them said the Real Madrid star, followed by Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (31.35%) and, perhaps surprisingly, Brazilian Neymar (who won just 8.47% of the vote).
Mesut Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann all tied in fourth place with 0.84%.
Best FIFA Men’s Football Player 2016
Interestingly, another question posed by UOL to players in Brazil was ‘Who is your footballing idol?’. Top of the list was Ronaldo Nazario (21.18%), followed by Romario (12.71%) and, again rather surisingly, Pele, who received only 7.62%.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?