LaLiga report offensive chants from Barça fans in Catalan derby
LaLiga reported ten instances during Sunday's derby when offensive chants emerged from the Espai de Animació area of the stand.
LaLiga have informed the Anti Violence Committee of ten instances during the weekend's Catalan derby where offensive chants where audible from the section of Camp Nou designated for Barcelona's more active support.
The report states that during the game played on December 18, some 450 home supporters seated in the animation zone of the North Stand Camp Nou housing the FCB Supporters and Almogavers supporter groups chanted: "Periquito Bastardo" (Budgie bastards) Espanyol fans being knowing as the "Budgies". Other chants reported included "Budgies you are nothing but shit", "we pray for Espanyol to disappear" and "Fuck Espanyol".
As Espanyol goalkeeper Diego López lay injured on the ground, the home fans chanted "step on him, step on him" and aimed a chant at the keeper labelling him a "cabaret whore".
Banner with poor taste
A banner unfurled in the 73rd minute of the game which read in Catalan: "RCD Espanyol, the first Chinese business without a happy ending" was also singled out by LaLiga in the report
The Anti Violence Commission will now study the report along with video evidence before deciding on which line of action to take with FC Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION Voting in the NYC mayoral primary: who are the candidates?
- COVID-19 ECONOMIC RELIEF Will there be a second Golden State stimulus check in California?
- CORONAVIRUS US California digital vaccine card: how to get it
- 2021 ADVANCE CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: which families might need to opt out?
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?