Bayern Munich defender Mats Hummels dyed his hair blond for Wednesday's 3-0 top-of-the-table win over RB Leipzig after losing a bet at the Oktoberfest beer festival, he revealed.
The 28-year-old World Cup winner, who normally has dark hair, went peroxide blond for the high-profile showdown at Munich's Allianz Arena which saw Bundesliga leaders Bayern open a three-point gap over second-placed Leipzig.
Hummels said his striking hair change was a forfeit after losing a game of skittles during a visit to Munich's Oktoberfest, the world's most popular annual beer festival, to which the Bayern squad pay an annual visit.
"After one throw, my opponent had already knocked over more than I had in my three attempts," the defender told Sky, who was careful not to name who he lost the bet to.
Hummels seemed happy enough with his new hair do.
"I was afraid it would look worse. It will grow out so in a few weeks it will all be over."
Te recomendamos en English
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK When could there be a new stimulus payment according to the experts?
- BARCELONA Official: Depay signs for Barcelona until June 2023
- FOOTBALL Kevin De Bruyne not too concerned by eye injury
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Mann 'not surprised' after taking Clippers to first Conference Final
- MLB Ohtani goes into Home Run Derby mode with two homers
- Euro 2020 Giroud makes history by gaining 100th cap for France