Raiola: Lukaku on the brink of signing new Everton contract
The Belgian striker has been at the club for three years and has been linked with moves away but Mina Raiola says he is close to signing a new deal that will keep him at Goodison Park.
Everton striker Romelu Lukaku is on the brink of a sealing a new deal with the Premier League club, the Belgian's agent Mino Raiola has said.
The 23-year-old, whose current deal expires in 2019, had been strongly linked with a return to former club Chelsea during the close season.
"With Everton, we have 99.9 percent reached terms. It is a question of putting the details on the paper," Raiola told talkSPORT.
Lukaku was reportedly a target for several top European clubs in recent transfer windows but after handing in a transfer request last summer, he withdrew it and committed to the Toffees after the appointment of Ronald Koeman.
He also hinted that his future lay away from Everton when he told the media that he had decided where he would play next season during the summer of 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"