Raiola: Lukaku on the brink of signing new Everton contract
The Belgian striker has been at the club for three years and has been linked with moves away but Mina Raiola says he is close to signing a new deal that will keep him at Goodison Park.
Everton striker Romelu Lukaku is on the brink of a sealing a new deal with the Premier League club, the Belgian's agent Mino Raiola has said.
The 23-year-old, whose current deal expires in 2019, had been strongly linked with a return to former club Chelsea during the close season.
"With Everton, we have 99.9 percent reached terms. It is a question of putting the details on the paper," Raiola told talkSPORT.
Lukaku was reportedly a target for several top European clubs in recent transfer windows but after handing in a transfer request last summer, he withdrew it and committed to the Toffees after the appointment of Ronald Koeman.
He also hinted that his future lay away from Everton when he told the media that he had decided where he would play next season during the summer of 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane