Alan Pardew sacked as Crystal Palace manager
With the club sitting in 17th position in the Premier League, the owners have made the decision to relieve Pardew from his role.
Breaking news that Alan Pardew has been sacked as manager by Crystal Palace.
The ex-Newcastle and West Ham manager said that he had "a lot of good feelings for this football Club and am sad that my time there has ended".
Statement by Alan Pardew:
Pardew joined Palace in January 2015 and was handed a three-and-a-half-year deal to build a side that would not only stay in the top division but would also compete in the top half of the league. For this, chairman Steve Parish backed him in the transfer market with big signings like Christian Benteke and Andros Townsend.
Before the start of the 2016/17 season, several commentators suggested that the club was in its strongest position of strength in depth with regards its playing staff and positive things were to come. With just one win in 11 games and a dismal tally of 26 points in the calendar year, the writing was on the wall.
Who's next in at the Palace?
Sam Allardyce, who was only in charge of the England national team for one game, is the favourite with the bookmakers to replace him. Other names in the frame include Wales manager Chris Coleman, ex-Man City coach Roberto Mancini and Roy Hodgson.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?