Ángel Di María and Unai Emery reportedly became involved in a heated argument before PSG’s 2-1 loss to Guingamp last weekend. According to French radio station RMC.fr, Emery had been asking his players for improvements in their performances and attitude, which did not sit well with the Argentinean midfielder, who made his feelings known to Emery.
PSG owner demands Di María improvement
PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi was forced to intervene and sided with the Spanish coach by telling Di María he needed to up his game when Ligue 1 restarts in January and meet the expectations placed upon him.
Missing from squad for Lorient game
Di María was subsequently left out of the side’s next match against Lorient, a 5-0 victory, apparently suffering from a muscle problem. However, the French press suspect that was a fabrication and Di María was excluded for disciplinary reasons.
So far in 2016-17, Di María has scored three goals and provided seven assists in 21 games. Last season, his figures were 15 goals and 25 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?