Ángel Di María and Unai Emery reportedly became involved in a heated argument before PSG’s 2-1 loss to Guingamp last weekend. According to French radio station RMC.fr, Emery had been asking his players for improvements in their performances and attitude, which did not sit well with the Argentinean midfielder, who made his feelings known to Emery.
PSG owner demands Di María improvement
PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi was forced to intervene and sided with the Spanish coach by telling Di María he needed to up his game when Ligue 1 restarts in January and meet the expectations placed upon him.
Missing from squad for Lorient game
Di María was subsequently left out of the side’s next match against Lorient, a 5-0 victory, apparently suffering from a muscle problem. However, the French press suspect that was a fabrication and Di María was excluded for disciplinary reasons.
So far in 2016-17, Di María has scored three goals and provided seven assists in 21 games. Last season, his figures were 15 goals and 25 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem