Ángel Di María and Unai Emery reportedly became involved in a heated argument before PSG’s 2-1 loss to Guingamp last weekend. According to French radio station RMC.fr, Emery had been asking his players for improvements in their performances and attitude, which did not sit well with the Argentinean midfielder, who made his feelings known to Emery.
PSG owner demands Di María improvement
PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi was forced to intervene and sided with the Spanish coach by telling Di María he needed to up his game when Ligue 1 restarts in January and meet the expectations placed upon him.
Missing from squad for Lorient game
Di María was subsequently left out of the side’s next match against Lorient, a 5-0 victory, apparently suffering from a muscle problem. However, the French press suspect that was a fabrication and Di María was excluded for disciplinary reasons.
So far in 2016-17, Di María has scored three goals and provided seven assists in 21 games. Last season, his figures were 15 goals and 25 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Mourinho got a "special" message from Ed Woodward after landing Spurs job
- REAL MADRID Marcelo on Rodrygo, Vinicius and anxiety before Liverpool game
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pochettino's goodbye to Spurs player etched on blackboard
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "At one point this summer I weighed 80 kilos"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep