Auba, Mahrez and Mané on African Player of the Year list
The Borussia Dortmund striker, Leicester City midfielder and Liverpool forward are the three shortlisted players for the award.
African Footballer of the Year Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is in the running to win the award for a second successive season after being named on Thursday among the three finalists for the 2016 title.
The Gabon and Borussia Dortmund striker is up against favourite Riyad Mahrez of Algeria and Senegal's Sadio Mané for the accolade, which will be to be handed out in Nigeria on January 5, when the Confederation of African Football holds their annual awards ceremony.
Mahrez title win
Mahrez was the creative linchpin of Leicester City's stunning Premier League title triumph, while Mané's form for Southampton earned him a big-money move to Liverpool.
An initial list of 10 finalists was whittled down to five earlier this month, but Mohamed Salah of Egypt and Algerian striker Islam Slimani have now fallen out of the reckoning.
Aubameyang, the Bundesliga's second highest scorer in 2015-16, finished ahead of Yaya Touré last year, despite the Manchester City midfielder captaining the Ivory Coast to the 2015 African Nations Cup.
The African Footballer of the Year is chosen by a poll of national team coaches and, for the first time, a panel of media experts.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today